Book: Hos, Hookers, Call Girls and Rent Boys

SleazyMichael

Thought this may be a useful new thread - it is often quite enlightening to compare how our industry is percieved outside the UK.

POSTED ON THE YAHOO LIST:

[malesexworkers] Hos, hookers, call girsl and rent boys

Luca Massage <lucamassage@hotmail.co.uk>

To: sterryhead@gmail.com

Cc: malesexworkers@cybersol.koumbit.org

Hey that s funny i m just reading this book at the moment. Some really good and touching stories in it. I recommend it !

If you re in London sometimes David, you d be welcome to get involved with us : www.sexworkeropenuniversity.com

I ll send you a story :)

xLuca

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:04:35 -0500

CC: malesexworkers@cybersol.koumbit.org

Subject: Re: [malesexworkers] Dodgy guy!

Greetings from New York City. Hope all is well with my brothers in arms across the Atlantic. We are putting together a sequel to Hos, Hookers, Call Girls and Rent Boys, our anthology that landed on the front cover of the Sunday New York Times Book Review. Would you please send me, as a Word attachment, your best story about a client. Also, send us your latest bio. Please send as soon as you can. And if you know of anybody else you think would have a great story to tell, please send them our way. Xox David

Johns, Marks, Tricks,& Chickenhawks is a collection of writing by people who have exchanged money for sex, or sexual services. This proposed project will build on the momentum and capitalize on the controversy created by the 2009 release of Hos, Hookers, Call Girls and Rent Boys (Soft Skull 2009) a groundbreaking anthology that provided unprecedented access into the lives of sex industry workers and allowed this underrepresented population to tell their own stories in their own words. In this collection, industrial sex technicians examine the relationships between themselves and their clients, relationships in which, unfettered by the bonds of polite society, customers are free to be who they really are, frightening, tender, confused, lonely, or for the first time, empowered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived